The Community Action and Lifelong Learning (CALL) volunteer opportunities listings became a part of the Center for Service-Learning in the fall of 2010.
For those who utilized CALL in the past, we thank you for your support. Many thousands of volunteer hours were logged on behalf of our community during CALL’s 36 years of dedication.
While the CALL opportunities listing is for volunteers opportunities, many of the same organizations can be utilized for service-learning projects. Keep in mind that volunteer opportunities can be done in small to large hour increments. However, Service-learning projects must:
- Be planned in advance with the focus on meeting a community need
- Contain 15-hours or 30-hours with one organization
- Align with the University’s liberal education learning goals
- Contain a reflection component with a faculty or academic staff mentor
- Allow for the community to serve as an equal partner
Please contact the Center for Service-Learning should you have any questions.